If you have had a traumatic brain injury you may be entitled to Social Security Disability benefits. Social Security has put together the following guideline regarding traumatic brain injuries.
11.18 Traumatic brain injury, characterized by A or B:
- Disorganization of motor function in two extremities (see 11.00D1), resulting in an extreme limitation (see 11.00D2) in the ability to stand up from a seated position, balance while standing or walking, or use the upper extremities, persisting for at least 3 consecutive months after the injury.
- Marked limitation (see 11.00G2) in physical functioning (see 11.00G3a), and in one of the following areas of mental functioning, persisting for at least 3 consecutive months after the injury:
- Understanding, remembering, or applying information (see 11.00G3b(i)); or
- Interacting with others (see 11.00G3b(ii)); or
- Concentrating, persisting, or maintaining pace (see 11.00G3b(iii)); or
- Adapting or managing oneself (see 11.00G3b(iv)).
Hire a Utah Disability Attorney
If you have experienced a traumatic brain injury and cannot work call our office today. Proving disability for traumatic brain injury can be difficult. This is where having an experienced Social Security attorney can make the difference between winning and losing benefits. There is $0 up front and we will only accept a fee if we are able to get you disability benefits. Call today for your free evaluation.