Because every cancer is different, Social Security has come up with guidelines for each type of the common cancers to determine if they qualify for Social Security Disability benefits. The following is the guidelines Social Security has put out regarding esophagus or stomach cancer.
- Carcinoma or sarcoma of the esophagus.
- Carcinoma or sarcoma of the stomach, as described in 1 or 2:
- Inoperable, unresectable, extending to surrounding structures, or recurrent.
- With metastases to or beyond the regional lymph nodes.
- Small-cell (oat cell) carcinoma.
Call a Utah Disability Lawyer
If you have esophagus or stomach cancer may qualify for disability benefits. Having an experienced disability attorney who will fight for you can make the difference between winning and losing benefits. Call us today for your free evaluation and let our experience work for you.