Because every cancer is different, Social Security has come up with guidelines for each type of the common cancers to determine if they qualify for Social Security Disability benefits. The following is the guidelines Social Security has put out regarding cancer of the pleura or mediastinum.
- Malignant mesothelioma of pleura.
- Tumors of the mediastinum, as described in 1 or 2:
- With metastases to or beyond the regional lymph nodes.
- Persistent or recurrent following initial anticancer therapy.
- Small-cell (oat cell) carcinoma.
Call a Utah Disability Lawyer
If you have cancer of the pleura or mediastinum you may qualify for disability benefits. Having an experienced disability attorney who will fight for you can make the difference between winning and losing benefits. Call us today for your free evaluation and let our experience work for you.